Barrier Group Pty Ltd (formerly Barrier Security Products) is a progressive and innovative Australian company that designs, develops, manufactures and supplies a wide range of workplace safety products, car park solutions, crowd control barriers and forklift separation guard rails for private, institutional and occupational environments. Based in Geelong, they supply to all major Australian Capital cities - Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra, Sydney, Hobart and Darwin and ship to most overseas locations.
Barrier Group has almost 50 staff across management, internal and external sales, purchasing, industrial design, multimedia/marketing, receiving and assembly, despatch and installations positions.
Barrier Groups mission for their business is clear:
"The difference between excellence and mediocrity is the way we answer the customers call for help."Rick Hall
Their extensive in-house industrial design team has been designing new products from the inception of the company. Over the years they have drawn inspiration from customers and the changing environment of workplace, pedestrian and public safety.
Barrier spends time establishing the customer's needs, or a new product intention, before they begin developing a solution. The solution could be one of their current safety and security products, or it may involve modifying an existing product, developing a completely new approach or even sourcing a solution from one of their many international connections.
Drawing on over 40 years' experience in a range of industries, Barrier Group's products are built with integrity from appropriate materials and manufactured to a high standard.Today, their range extends to over 1100 products with their most notable associated with workplace and pedestrian safety solutions that have daily relevance to almost every commercial or industrial business, institution and workplace. Barrier Group distributors have been established all over Australia and internationally.
Barrier Security Products was established by Rick Hall in 1999. It started as a single product business selling Ram-Raid bollards that were designed and developed in a small industrial shed in Melbourne, Australia to stop potential vehicle smash-and-grab burglaries through shopfronts and warehouse roller doors.
From there, the business continued to concentrate on designing and developing a diversified range of products to extend its markets.
The business, and Hall's young family, relocated to Geelong - Victoria's largest city outside of Melbourne.
The company had grown to the point where it needed to be in a more suitable location and moved into its first manufacturing and distribution factory in Geelong's western suburbs.
The factory was quickly outgrown and a larger site nearby was purchased. One year later, they expanded again into an adjoining property.
The business name Barrier Security Products had become outdated so they re-branded to Barrier Group Pty Ltd to reflect the expansion of its product range and services provided.
Continued strong business growth (in 2013) meant Barrier Group had again outgrown its premises and a new manufacturing and distribution facility on 2.5 acres was purchased in North Geelong.
Barrier Group has leased more space in North Geelong before they complete further expansion at their current premises.
The following is a list of categories and products that Barrier Group supplies:
- Bollards and U-Bars
- Bollards and u-bars are used as traffic barriers to protect pedestrians and perimeters around buildings and services.
- Fence and Rail Systems
- Handrails, guard rails, forklift separation barriers and machinery guarding solutions create pedestrian zones in car parks, distribution centres and warehouses.
- Industrial Gates
- Boom barrier gates for warehouses, factories and car parks and mezzanine safety gates for distribution centres.
- Queue Management
- Queue management systems used in airports, shopping centres and cinemas, and crowd control barriers used at any public event.
- Expandable Barriers
- Port-a-guard expanding safety barriers create pedestrian free zones and prevent unauthorised access to unsafe areas.
- Vehicle and Parking
- Traffic calming speed bumps, road spike strips and the Scorpion wheel clamp that law enforcement agencies prefer in Australia.
- Bumpers and Buffers
- Rebounding bollards, column cushions and dock bumpers that stop structures from being damaged by vehicle and forklift impacts.
- Street Hardware
- Bicycle parking racks, cyclist holding rails and skateboard deterrents largely populate this section of their business.
- Under Foot
- Tactile paving to assist the visually impaired, stair nosing and non-slip flooring solutions, and portable ramps to bridge the gap between the dock and truck during operation.
- Factory and Warehouse
- Workplace safety solutions like wire shelving and convex safety and surveillance mirrors.
Since 2015, Barrier Group became a one stop shop for large companies, body corporate and businesses by offering new services to manage their customer's entire project from start to finish without needing to hire outside contractors.
Additional services available:
Trade Show Exhibitions
Over the years, Barrier Group has exhibited their products and solutions at some of the workplace safety industry's best trade shows.
Some of their most notable exhibits include:
- North American Material Handling and Logistics Show 2010
- Sydney Safety in Action 2012
- Brisbane Land Forces 2014
- Australian International Airshow (Avalon Airshow) 2015
Barrier Group has participated in recruiting staff through the Northern Futures Program by giving employment opportunities to those that are in the 60% of people that are at risk of becoming or remaining jobless in the Geelong community.
The company is a bronze donor that annually supports the Give Where You Live Foundation.